Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just cricket!


Believe it or not, there are still streets in this town I have not driven down. So, Saturday morning, when faced with a new area in a rather crap part of the the city, I decided to just poke around and see what I found. WELL, what I found was a nice green field next to what looked like an old ice factory and therein were a bunch of fellows playing full-on CRICKET! In full white flannels and helmet and the whole thing. On a small crest of hill, folks were sitting out with picnic baskets and such watching the action.


I'd go back and look again, but I'm scared it was all some sort of cricket Brigadoon that only appears when the summer solstice falls on a Saturday in a year that is a prime number or something. Don't want to be disillusioned.


Still - who'd a thunk?

No comments: