Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Spontaneous deejay sets

A lot of people are probably wondering when I intend to start showing up at used book stores and pet shelters and sort of setting up some equipment and throwing down spontaneous guerilla deejay sets, putting smiles on downtrodden faces while flaunting my peerless musical erudition. You know, you're walking by and hear a run of: New Order "Regret">Rush "Witch Hunt">Bad Brains "Sacred Love"> Zombies "Care of Cell 44">504 Boys "Tight Whips">Dolly Parton "Here You Come Again">Nation of Ulysses "A Kid Who Tells On Another Kid's a Dead Kid">Krokus "Long Stick Goes Boom">Chet Baker "Everything Happens to Me">Beatles "Everybody's Got Something to Hide (Except for Me and My Monkey)>Blue Nile "Tinseltown in the Rain">T Rex "Highway Knees"...you know, that sort of thing. Sounds just dreamy, right?

Well, I'd love to! Except I lack the gear and the time and the patience to do it. Plus I'd have to get Cory or somebody to come set up all the shit (which, again, I do not have), and quel pain in the ass for him!

So for now, my friends, this must remain a dream of yours. But who knows? If you pull up for Dog Night at the frozen custard place and hear "If You Don't Love Me" (Prefab Sprout) into "My War" (Black Flag) blasting out of some sort of cobbled-together 1986-calibre speaker system, look around and I just may be there.

No comments: