Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Morning dogs

House sitting!

There are two cats (one of whom I wish to swipe) and two (wait for it) dogs!

Not used to dog behavior. One is a big sweet chocolate lab, the other is a sweet, but frenetic, cockapoo (maybe?) puppy.

One or the other of these morons* tore apart one of the Bride's sandals! I said "Well, that means a trip to DSW, then, doesn't it?"

But the mornings are funny - open the back sliding door to let them out and the little one is all "Hey! It's all still here!" at the prospect of the backyard natural world. Aww!

Fret not! The home cats are visited and rubbed at length. They like the break, not worrying that, as they nap, I will come up, grab them and let out an eldritch cackle.



* also, I keep saying (when it's time to go in or out) "Morons! Your bus is leaving!" in my best Bill Murray from Groundhog Day.

No comments: