Thursday, June 4, 2009

Seethe with me

I rather dislike blog accounts of office life, but I must make mention of someone in my office who manages to always be at least five years behind the current "hot" societal catchphrase. He is the color of bread (skin/beard), all of it and went around going "Wassuuup?" for years and now is still going "Git r done!" all the time as if this was a fresh, witty new coinage.

I'd give "git r done" another sixteen months and then he'll start with "I just threw up in my mouth a little bit." Or maybe "wardrobe malfunction."
[Oh! Nearly forgot and had to come back - I also heard two co-workers having a heated discussion about "Shout!" as done my Otis Day and the Knights in Animal House and the origins of the song..."maybe Isley Brothers," etc. But it WAS agreed on without dispute that the Beatles also did the song.
Come, come, nuclear bomb!]

No comments: