Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dagny Hathaway?

As with most people my age (he wished), I had my Ayn Rand phase and passed through it fairly unscathed. I liked Howard Roark, when I briefly fancied myself an iconoclast-to-be. I leave la Rand now to the under-12's who have exhausted the L'Engle canon and have moved on to something bigger. Or longer, at least.

There has now been talk of an Atlas Shrugged movie since, roughly, time immemorial. Angelina! It's timely! The world is winding down! Who would want to see such a thing?


Then, today, this tidbit, which I thought was from Variety but is not:


A number of stars have expressed serious interest in playing the lead role of
Taggart. Angelina Jolie previously had been reported as a candidate to play the
strong female character, but the list is growing and now includes Charlize
Theron, Julia Roberts and Anne Hathaway.

(italics mine)


Really??

Next: Megan Fox as Dominique Francon!

These nerds seem to like it:



1 comment:

Rob said...

I can't see Anne Hathaway as Dagny. "Rachel Getting Married" ruined it for me. She's pretty but mousy.

I haven't come up with the PERFECT Dagny yet, but have been giving some serious thought to Keira Knightly. I'll let you know when I have all of the casting worked out; then they can start filming my movie.