Thursday, April 9, 2009

You think I'M out there?

Our crap burg has more than its fair share of characters, I think. Lots of people like Michigan Guy, an old dude who one could see most every day wearing his blue and gold U Michigan sweater and matching apple hat. Or the guy who drove around for years with mannequins as passengers. Or Vines. Or Crackhead Phil.

Now, on occasion one sees the van at left, which, it may be hard to tell, has many oddments glued on it; little religious chotchkes (sp, maybe), Ninja Turtle-type plastic shit...and, written in surfaces some sort of chalky paint pen, cryptic quasi-religious messages, which change from time to time.

Last night, on a fool's errand to the local UDF, I was stoked to have the opportunity to see this Mystery Machine up close and at rest...indeed, on leaving, I pulled the long way 'round so as to get a full glance. In the rear window was this:

"Check cartellingwindows.com. A Microsoft rival"

Ha, I thought. Yes, like whoever it is has a web site. See, their car (well, van) windows are their website. Funny.

On arriving home, though, I decided it best to just make sure.

That was when I was plunged into:

http://cartellingwindows.com/

So, now, of course, I'm in some sort of Delillo-esque world where things happen such as "changes in basic states of information," etc.

I can claim I'm going to Wichita for Easter, but who really knows?

No comments: