Thursday, April 23, 2009

How it starts

Let's see - I don't give a shit about:

* anyone from High School Musical or Twilight or The Hills, etc

* Twitter

* Blu-Ray ("You have to see Ghostbusters II in Blu-Ray!" Um, no. I'm not even really entirely sure what it is. I mean, yes, it's a format - but you need a different player? I suppose?)

* any video games post-, I dunno, DigDug?

etc etc, all of which is a way of saying I now understand how my crotchety parents got to be the way they are (scared of the phone, unaware of any new technology post-1980, blissfully oblivious as to what any products they see advertised during their precious PGA coverage actually are...).

I mean, within two weeks, I will no longer know how a phone works or whatnot.

Which is scary, for when I have kids, they will automatically know how to do all kinds of shit automatically, straight out the baby drain. "Here, dad, give me that."

Also, a warning to any kids I might have - you will listen to MY shit, I won't bend and listen to any tween horseshit you insist on playing when gathered with your friends. Stay in your room if you want to listen to Disney Radio-style Miley crap. If you want to listen to the new Camera Obscura or Quadrophenia or whatever I happen to have on, then maybe we can be friends.

Maybe.

No comments: