Friday, December 19, 2008

Attention: all Whit Stillman haters!

Trying to figure out how old Chris Eigeman was yesterday (cos that's the kind of lame shit I do), I happened on an interview from this past August that says old Whit Stillman has an actual movie in the works, once "funding is secured (ha!)."

It's called Dancing Mood and is "set in Jamaica in the 60's" and is "a love story shot mainly in gospel churches" and that the characters are "ingratiating and funny."

(It also said he may do an adaptation of Chris Buckley's Little Green Men, which I am less stoked about, because, if you have Chris Buckley sitting there, wouldn't you have him adapt his book on his parents to a screenplay, then have Dennis Hopper play his dad and maybe even get Carolyn Farina [picture, center] to play, I dunno, the young/middle period Pat in flashback, to keep it in the W.S. repertory family? And wasn't there a story ca. 2002 that Stillman was writing a screenplay about the American Revolution or something? I want this guy's workrate, because, as you know, I work my fingers to little golf-pencil eraser-sized knubs on this blog.])

Still, suck it! All his movies (all three) have gotten consecutively worse, he's been totally usurped on the pre(p)tension front in the intervening decade by Wes Anderson, and I can truly say I couldn't care less! Can't wait to drag some unfortunate soul to see this mess, when and if it is ever even filmed!

Here's this, should you find yourself crying outside church on Xmas eve:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamBOjv4S0c

No comments: