Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wipers

And while we are on the subject of windshield wipers and the immutability of memory (we are?), what the hell was that all about, the Greg Kinnear vehicle (ha) about the guy who invented the intermittent windshield wiper? I thought this was still to come out, but it turns out it came out October 3rd?

When I saw this was an actual movie and not some sort of MAD TV joke, I sort of guffawed thinking no one would care whatsoever. I didn't care and I read the article about the guy in the New Yorker whenever it was, 1998 or so. If old New Yorker articles are Oscar-bait screenplay fodder, why not that John Gregory Dunne thing about the girl who posed as a boy out in Nebraska or wherever and seduced all the girls in town before being murdered by meth-mooks? What? Oh.

[And, on consulting IMDB, I see that Alan Alda was in this movie, too, which is pretty perfect. Also an excuse to post this picture of him that I have saved for months with no reason to use it...no reason, that is, until NOW!











]

No comments: