Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ice

Someone reading this cyber-cri with any regularity could leap to the conclusion that I hate to drive and am fairly animus toward autos (and more specifically auto-care) in general. Leap one could, and, I'm afraid, one should.

Yesterday, por ejemple, with icy, icy roads it took me two hours to get home from "work." I'm talking about eight miles. Making this procedure all the more vexing was the fact that cold and tiny rain continued falling the whole damn time. My heater, however, takes about 40 minutes to get enough heat going to defrost a window, so it was: move four feet, put 'er in park, scrape, drive four feet, park, scrape. Eventually, the sheeted ice started to break into tiny ice Australias and be smashed by the movement of the wipers. Still, it was painful and made moreso by the knowledge that the heater could probably be fixed were I not so lazy and cheap.

That said, I DID make it home, had some nice scallops for dinner.

If I did get the defroster (if that's what it's called; probably not) issues remedied, then I'd probably need to start thinking about getting ready to consider getting the bad struts and shocks done, and where would that leave us?

I'm not some sort of animal, for cry yi.

No comments: