Friday, December 5, 2008

Or find MP3s...

...that is something an intern can do, for sure.

I was sort of freaked that it will be 20 years in February since 3 Feet High and Rising came out (and Technique! Christ!) as I had "Plug Tunin'" on my current playlist on the trusty iPod knockoff. Now, here's where the Internet makes itself useful, maybe for the first time ever. That Bowie-esque [I've always thought it so, always thought it may actually be a Bowie sample from one of those not-listened-to-very-much-by-me "soul" LPs] crooner at the end who sings "I can't change your mind and make you stay with me..."?

Well, two clicks of the internet, and I find it is from a song called "Written on the Wall" by someone called the Invitations. Who, I find, were Northern Soul stalwarts (that you can google for yourself):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYxm8XDaC3I

Now I need to spend the weekend hunting down an MP3 of this...grrr! "Sally!"



(This also made me think, of course (?), of the mighty "Goodbye My Love" by the Searchers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRbDtbT6b2U)

No comments: