Tuesday, December 30, 2008

St Zabriskie

Can the living be declared saints? I'm not a Catholic, but I want to send a memo to the pope and his chums to get the ball rolling for one Grace Zabriskie!


Let's consider some of the evidence, and maybe while I'm typing someone will come in from the break room here and present me with a fresh-from-the-microwave Pillsbury Gran with a burn shaped roughly like Our Grace!

1. Laura Palmer's mother! That sobbing down the phone line!

2. Susan's mother on Seinfeld!

3. Bob's mom in Drugstore Cowboy, which is one of my top five fave movies of all time! "...green, from an overdose!"









4. Jim's mom on Big Love, returning on January 11th, the mere fact of which sets me free in ways I'd thought impossible a mere two weeks ago!










Surely many have achieved sainthood on less than this? Just think of St Zabriskie's Day (I propose May 17 [a mere two days before my birthday, and of course she's a Taurus! Der!]): everyone gets a bad perm and smokes a lot! The litany would consist merely of droll stares and indignant "huh!"s!


Pray on this!

1 comment:

Taking Charge: Creating Conditions for Prosperity said...

Hey, what are ya, making cracks about my religion now? Fine; enjoy hell, Episcopalian!