Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fruit loops

In hanging up some shirts (and man, have I ever waited patiently to start a blog entry with that scintillating clause!), I suddenly remembered those little loops of cloth that were on the backs of oxford button-downs in the seventies and eighties. Also, known, colloquially at least, as f-gtags. I'm curious as to whether they were only something cheaper sportswear featured, and, if this turns out to be so, then, Aha!, I will have ANOTHER reason to berate my now-enfeebled parents.

Then somehow, in the synaptic entanglement that leads one stray thought to the next, I remembered some putz back in college looked like Booger from Revenge of the Nerds and who went around in a jean jacket on which he had painstakingly rendered the cover art to Roger Waters's 1987 LP/mess Radio K.A.O.S.:










By which I mean to say, we should try to exercise patience in all areas of our lives: some people have lives much more difficult and complicated than our own.

No comments: