Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Houses!

It's weird that the whole financial bubble was such a house of cards, because I really used to drive around trying to figure out who it was that was buying all those shitboxes one sees going up in the blink of an eye. You know, the ones that are now going to sit vacant and wait to rot, headaches for the local constabulary and bane of dog catchers as wild packs of canines soon start to run free and bare teeth, all Chernobyl-like?

See, it turns out, I wasn't wrong! No one could really afford them.

I had a song once about it, ca. 2002. like a little two-minute GBV ditty and the whole of the lyrics were:

Who's building all the houses? Who's building all the houses
everywhere?
Oh, now I get it (x 8)
I BELIEVE IN A COLD UNFEELING GOD MYSELF!


So, yeah, glad to know I wasn't crazy, that no one really had the dough for any of this bullshit.

No comments: