Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Serge

Nope, not a picture from my honeymoon! Good guess, tho.

The man with the molded Brillo lid is one Serge Gainsbourg and she is the luvverly Jane Birkin of Hermes Birkin bag name-fame.

Serge was a famous imbiber, if you couldn't tell from his eyes.

Trying to think...I guess the height of hipster Serge-love was about, what? ten years ago. Maybe it's still going on. I have maybe three Serge-related tracks in the trusted iPod knockoff, out of 8000+, so he obvs is not on my mind all that often; HOWEVER, I was wondering this morning whether the youtube gods would provide a viddy I had remembered reading about in the March 1989 issue of Spin...and they did!

Here it is, Serge vs. Whitney Houston live on French television in 1986!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMdXi6f5KRg

Words fail!

No comments: