Friday, March 13, 2009

In which I solve energy, war, etc

The president said something in his convention acceptance speech that I thought needed to be said and badly: "We need a Manhattan Project for energy." Yay!, said I.

With everything else going on, I expect that this is on the back burner (heh), though I would guess he will come out with a JFK-like challenge to the nation to have every gas-burning car made into some sort of planter by 2018 at his State of the Union address, a la the challenge to get to the moon first in th 1960s.

Well, here is the answer, whipped up quickly but adequately in my precious MS Paint:
See? It's a car, but it has a solar panel on top. So when your car sits all day in the sun, a battery charges and your car runs.
This will solve:
1.) oil crises: lack of reliance on Middle-Eastern oil will get us out of the region, finally, and all the Bible beaters can suck it as some cheesy pockyclips is forestalled for another hunnerd years
2.) all those empty factories the neighborhood kids are smoking salvia in can be converted to factories making solar cars, which everyone will want...I also recommend we hurry and squash oil lobbyists who will dither about in the face of change, thus allowing the Chinese and Indian subcontinent to steal my intricate design and beat us to the punch. The switchover to people giving up their gas hogs will take a few years, by which time improvements will be made to original designs (car cleans up around the house for you, eg) so that pioneering buyers will have impetus to buy newer models. Hey, a car industry! Who'd a thunk?
3) this will put a sock in the environmental people as well, as carbon output will be next to zero with the solar battery that is even now being designed since I started typing this bullet item!
All will once again (?) be well thoughout the world!
Coming Monday: my three-point plan to stop the Kindle! If I remember!

No comments: