Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tabasco bacon

I saw somewhere the other day (Gawker?) a link to somewhere else (Slate?) where there was an op-ed on how the bacon fetishization trend had "jumped the shark." Never minding how "jump the shark" was also more over than Gisele Bundchen.

Anyway, that may be the case: men love bacon, it's an internet meme, whatever. Maybe it is overdone.

However: I just read of TABASCO BACON.

What, you may quizzically coo, is TABASCO BACON?

Well, as I hear of it, it is pork belly dredged around in the leavings at the bottle of a barrel in which Tabasco is aged. It is then hung up and smoked over hickory embers.

If the end times are going to be like this, I'm all in!

Also, make this, instead of a conventional BLT, as it owns:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Bacon-and-Avocado-Sandwiches-109315

1 comment:

Gabe said...

i'll have some cured by next week, i am just sort on barrels at work, let me make a few calls...