Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh dear - now I must VOMIT


Study: Cincinnati among 'manliest' cities

NASHVILLE,
Tenn. — Guys have a reason to high-five in several Ohio cities, named some of
the manliest places in America.
A new ranking says Cincinnati, Columbus and
Toledo make the top 10 for manliness based on criteria such as the number of
major league sports teams, popularity of tools and hardware and frequency of
monster truck rallies.
Nashville, Tenn., comes out on top in the study by
Sperling's BestPlaces and commissioned as part of a promotion for Combos snacks
made by Mars Snackfood US.
Charlotte, N.C., is second, followed by Oklahoma
City and then fourth-place Cincinnati. Columbus is seventh and Toledo 10th.
Dayton is manly enough for 15th and Cleveland ranks No. 19.
New York City finished last out of 50 major U.S. metropolitan areas.
I will just go ahead and stay in with the cats, cowering with my nose in a book, thanks.
Between that and the fact that even the hot kids at my old college are now fat:
the world is a pretty sorry place.
Then I read something like Kenneth Tynan's (another smartypants!) diaries where some cohort of his says "I thought I was a hermit, when actually I was a pariah..." and all is well again in the valley. Just someone remind me not to watch TV/read trash/click through to stuff that I KNOW will be BULLSHIT!

No comments: