Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Sounds like my wife!"

Went to Indian buffet for midday repast with my goons and, while they were working along the line, goon 1 spoke of taking the afternoon off to go to Columbus to look for records and how, at the record store he was thinking of, there was a guy who "would eavesdrop on your conversation then tell you you're stupid."

Behind my friends was a gaggle of businessmen who had to be out from out of town because they were in good suits and weren't grossly obese and looked like real people. One of these butted in and said "Sounds like my wife!" Then turned away and didn't say anything else.

But, with his natty navy chalkstripe suit, he was wearing one of those 1991-looking Ralph ties like the one at left. It left me with a sort-of post Gulf War I malaise.

But it's passing.

No comments: