Monday, March 9, 2009

Ram on!

Made a new friend Saturday - a sheep!

Went with the Bride and an associate to local parks district operated "farm," just five miles or so from the atrophied heart of our city, for scouting locations for the farm bureau TV show for which they travail.

I said then I hadn't touched an actual farm animal (no snickering in the back) since I was wee, but I probably have fed goats out the dairy place where you can, yes, feed goats.

Anywho, the gals see aminals [sic] all the time, but it was quite great to say "Hey, guy!" to a little ram, tap my hand on the fence and have him come ambling over to be petted. Much like a stack of sweaters, only sort of purring or make some other sound o' sheepish contentment. I even sang a snatch of "Ram On" by Wings under my breath...

Some wags told me I should have made sounds from "Flash Ram" by Brainiac...

(Yesterday, I spoke to a friend with a one-year old - they live in Cincinnati - and for a Xmas present they got their whole family a pas to the Cincinnati Zoo, which is quite close to where they live...imagine taking a baby to the zoo EVERY WEEKEND. Excellent!)

No comments: