Friday, January 16, 2009

Another super power

Like most, I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking up obscure super powers...at times, I have wished I had the power [sic] to remember the name of every pet I've known, the power to make it rain longer (not to make it rain, but make the rainy day last longer, so as to forestall that weird sadness when the clouds break at the end of a rainy day and one must readjust)...but I just may have thought of the most useless super power yet!

That slightly disorienting feeling after clipping one's fingernails? Lasts about two minutes as the fingers get used to being newly shorn? Well, someone needs to have a super power wherein he/she can cause his/her target to feel that tactile vertigo.

That extra bit of disorienation in a villain (or in a hero, if that is one's bent - I won't discriminate here, or go deep into the vagaries of right and wrong) could be just what is needed to make a clean escape - odd digital discombobulation could indeed keep a nemesis from firing his death ray.

Otherwise, just a fun power to have.

No comments: