Friday, January 16, 2009

Hope

No, no - not another mawkish missive about the incoming president and how good everyone may feel in the face of rather unprecedentedly crappy civil conditions, hurriedly scribbled before inevitable disappointment sets in. Nope!

THIS is about how great the new Franz Ferdinand record is! It's amazing! I'd even pay for it! The single "Ulysses," while very good, gives scarcely a hint at what goodness awaits.

And the hopeful part is that frontman Alex Kapranos will be 37 in March. So that means that my friends and I should continue pretending that this will be the month we actually start practicing again. I mean, why the hell shouldn't we also make exciting, vital music with disco-y backbeats and squelchy noises? Despite the painfully evident fact that if I fell on some ice, that would be it for me...

No comments: