Thursday, January 29, 2009

Deforestation nearly leads to defenstration


OMG, WTF?

So yesterday, on my snow day from the job (I'm non-essential - would you have guessed?), I'm glancing out the window to see just how bad it really is and my favorite tree was gone!

Not so much the tree as the fact that there was some sort of card on a string that fluttered in the upper branches - I actually assume it was the "mail me back to:" card from a primary school balloon launch. If they still have those, which I doubt, since the balloon nipples* can choke Canadian cranes or something. This little card would flit in the wind, flipping from red to shiny white and made it even through the Big Wind of 2008. And now the whole tree is just gone! It must have been at least 100 years old because it was tall as frig. Even the stump is about 11 feet tall!

They certainly didn't check with me as to whether this was okay.

Maybe this will clear a view to a single star or some poetic horseshit, but grrr, regardless.

* also my nickname in elementary school

No comments: