Monday, January 12, 2009

The scarf - a paradigm shifter

Used to be, I was never cold. -10 fahrenheit? Bah! Scarcely noticed. I came to understand that this was because I was drunk for about 250 years. Nowadays, though, I HATE the cold. Not so much that I hate winter, mind you - looking out the window last night at the surprise actual snow we got was quite exciting! However, the actual being out in it - not as charming as it used to be.

To that end, I scarfed up my friend's scarf-tying technique; yes, fully bit his style. But the fold-length-of-scarf-in-half-loop-around-neck-pass-ends-through-loop technique is just amazing. The barrier thus formed against the cold is miraculous! I assume everyone knows this. But somehow I'D missed out. And even this morning, walking out to winter (c and p 1983 R. Frame), I was as excited like I had a new toy, or, moreso, like one of those dreams where one gets something super-great and then wakes up and the somnolescent chimera has amscrayed...only, this time, my newfound scarf-sentience is REAL and EVERLASTING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i could finally convert you. now when we shop together at the outlet mall we can search for new wool pants, odd print ties, AND scarves that we know will set us apart from the other, "boys"
~G