Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kinks - at the halfway mark

Dead certain that the more fanatical followers of this blog are raccoon-eyed with lack of sleep, sore-knuckled from incessant wringing of hands and delirious with wonder as to when I will post how I ended up feeling about the Kinks box set I mentioned a ways back. Well! I'm through three of six CD's and there have been some stunning revelations, and some setbacks as the eternal "christ! not more rinky-dink pianos/shit! more crappy mono?" Kinks dilemmas reared their collective tetes.

So, in another week or so, when I have finally digested this thing and ruminated enough on it, I will post a list of Kinks songs that I find indispensible (sp, prob.), because the world is, of course, clammering for such a thing.

As a teaser, I will say that "Shangri-La" is amazing. There.

No comments: