Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dreamy

And is there a better dream sequence in any movie than in Rosemary's Baby? I mean, Dave Lynch does weird dreamy shit all the over the place, and the weird dream the girl has in Welcome to the Dollhouse where the guy grabs perfect little sister and is carrying her into the subway is pretty perfect - BUT, the sheer nocturnal oddness and dearth of logic in Rosemary's dream of boats, the Sistine Chapel ceiling and rambling about nuns has the full effect of actually having a dream! Need to buy this as soon as this weekend. Of course, I say that, but then I won't want to watch it because it's so pervasively creepy that I am scared to watch it. But still. And Charles Grodin. Awesome...

I'm torn! And I will even refrain from putting a youtube link of "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia, just to show how seriously wigged I am.

No comments: