Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Then, the opposite...

See, when I wrote this: http://nickeddyrelents.blogspot.com/2009/01/old-dudes-and-rock.html,

I knew that the inverse was true, that I didn't really mind younger kids trying on retro dreamcoats and having a spin at 60's schlock. I listened to the new record by someone called El Goodo and figured, having seen only the cover art and read a review written in a style that cloyingly stopped just short of saying "daddy-o," that surely these were more oldsters firing up the warm tube amps for another try. But no! They're kids from Wales! And while they get a bit too Beachwood Sparks at points, they genuinely add something to the psychedelic rock canon, I think...but is their record any better that the Red Button thing, really?

I do know that all the song files I had were misnamed so that was a pain in the ass.

No comments: