Friday, January 16, 2009

More far-out ideas

Did I imagine this?

This New York magazine cover from last year, with the irritating-cum-disgusting (heh) Dash Snow and cronies...did I not see somewhere that some other art-wag had since done a painting/screen of the cover and displayed it, for real, like in a gallery? Just an exact transfer? Where did I see this? cannot find it anywhere...surely I did not make it up*. I wish, though, that I had.

Blast!


I love that stoopid idea, and I love it at the exact same level that I loved when Belle and Sebastian in 1999 or so gave out fortune-telling fish with their name on them as a promo item. Arrggh! Oh, to be smart like that, instead of being just a sad and broken old person with his nose up against the plate-glass window of real ideas.

















* maybe it was just a print of the cover, displayed at a photography "thing"? If that turns out to be the case, then the idea of doing a painting of said cover is C and P 2009 me, but I'm still really dumb

No comments: