Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blue Monday Owners Club

This was brought to my attention:

http://www.bluemondayownersclub.com/

Yes, it's a post-your-picture-with-your-original 12" of "Blue Monday" site...

I'm all for constructing artificial families, and if my copy is in the stack of dross I gave Gabe, I just might pull double duty by taking my pic with my copy and a pic of the cats with it and sending that to Stuff on My Cat.

The original tumblr thing said something about the 1983 Qwest single, which is wrong, natch. The original was Factory (Fac 73). I think Qwest could possibly have reput this out later, like after 1985 when they reissued Power, Corruption and Lies. What would be hot would be a separate site for, say, only people with Qwest copies (I think they have a black liner as opposed to silver) or a site for people with pictures of their cassingles of the useless and inferior "Blue Monday '88."

Still, we know that I love frivolousness, so, yes!, I do love this. I also love the site designer who put the Hacienda-style yellow stripes at the top of the home page. People are smart! Granted, people in England, but still...

No comments: