Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jeopardy!: "malquotes double plusgood," apparently

Last night on Jeopardy!, there was a category called American, Lit. Cute! Drunk writer stuff.

There was a quote I'd never encountered from one Raymond Chandler:


Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is
intimate. The third is routine.


Sweet, thought I. I can reblog that!

Aha!, but then, in the cold light of morning, a Google search reveals the full quote is actually:



Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is
intimate. The third is routine. After that you take the girl's
clothes off.


Now, admittedly, the first one makes more sense...the second one is like ol' Liquorface Chandler realized he had stepped in it with a hard truth and he'd best take a step back with some racy humor.

But, my question for the prudes at KingWorld is: why the edit? I mean, have they not wielded their heavy and powerful sword already by not having me on the show after taking the online test twice (and last year I got 46 of 50 right!)?

Or maybe, did Alex shave off his mustache, not because, as he claimed in one of those obtrusive "Alex Minute" things, of a sudden spur of the moment decision, but rather because the Powers That Be, lurking asea on Merv Griffin's old yacht like Scientologists, suddenly realized he looked too much like THIS GUY (third from left)?:










And, if there are no further updates after this, you will know what has happened to me:












Unperson relents!

No comments: