Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The accursed novelty tee

Okay, maybe I am getting too old for the novelty tee. I have several. More tend to accrete around me when I'm not looking: SILF above a cartoon of Dagwood sandwich (on blue), Edie Sedgwick in Ciao, Manhattan (red), the Flying Pup King of Yoshitomo Nara (sky blue), Rufus Does Judy (a real treasure, orange AND Marc Jacobs)...but I don't wear any of them as often as I should. I could put on on to go out and water the tomatoes, but that gets a bit costumey.

That cleared up, I still need the CASH FROM CHAOS shirt modeled here by our friend Malcolm McLaren in the movie The Great Rock and Roll Swindle. I'm sure it would get lots of odd looks from people in the fancy cheese aisle at the local grocer: puzzled snorts from the greed-is-good neighborhood swells, "Why is that old man trying to look cool?" stares from the tweens, maybe even the occasional aggrieved wince from the guy who's eight years older than me and was there, man.

Be on the lookout for one!

No comments: