Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cars are nightmares, yes...

...but check it! A miniature of my car from high school! Correct color, even. Although I did not have the rad red sidewalls seen here. 1967 Impala! With a 283! And glass packs! And, er, uh, turn gaskets!

Whatever, I don't know anything about cars, as has been said.

Still, it was this car in which I hit the late Tim Taylor of Brainiac's car on Thanksgiving Eve, 1985. Corner of Brown and Irving. Slid in the rain. Tim would buy junkers for 50 bucks, and could not have cared less about the collision, gentleman that he was. It being Thanksgiving, though, the next day all my relatives insisted on corny reflexive razzing: "Nice driving, Mario!"

Then went I went to college, my parents just up and sold it sans telling me first! I was all righteously indignant, but my mom was all "Well, it was just sitting on the street and the way that crazy Barnhouse [authentic 1980s-era older hesher kid at whose house I first heard "War Pigs"] goes flying around the corner..."


I wonder it comes with a little tiny of these (left).

Also - no 1990 Volvo 240DL? What gives???

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hmmm. Under the heading of "close but no cigar," you could go with the 240GL:

http://www.tacot.com/listings/reference-article.php?ref=45489&type=0

Or better yet, break free from the diecast doldrums and step up to....LEGOS!:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/12228