Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Chicken necktie!



At Xmas-time I saw a tie at the local J Crew store that was marked down to, I forget, 7 bucks? It was a nice blue with embroidered little white roosters on it. I was going to buy it and hemmed and hawed then decided not to. When do I wear ties anymore?*, I thought.

So, about eleven minutes after I had left, I was seized with a crushing remorse. Seven bucks! Little chickens! What the hell was wrong with me?

The next time I was there the whole store had closed!

Well, this past weekend I was at the Outlet Hell where they had opened a J Crew outlet. Found a couple of things, then looked at some ties AND THERE IT WAS! 14 bucks, 50% off!

My point: NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!

* also - this lead to a resolve to wear ties more often, as a hedge against societal disarray

No comments: