Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hot Leg

Well, of course Justin Hawkins from the Darkness has a new band called Hot Leg! How could he not?

I loved the Darkness, natch. "Friday Night" is one of my top songs of the decade, so I'm stoked. Even their ill-fated second album has some great songs on it, none of which, to my mind, they put out as singles. But, I suppose, calling a song "Knockers" and giving it a chorus of "I just love what you've done with your hair," was never going to squash, who?, Train or someone on stateside airwaves, anyway.

A "hot leg" is actually UK football hooligan slang for, um, something one can do to someone in a crowd...shan't go further here. HOWEVER, you can read all about hooligans and their doings in Among the Thugs by Bill Buford! Where else are you going to get crummy ideas like winging sharpened spark plugs into random crowds of bystanders?


Just look at this Corgan-alike goon! Well 'ard, 'e is!


http://www.myspace.com/teamhotleg

No comments: