Wednesday, August 6, 2008

An invention

I HATE taking care of anything that has to do with cars. Hate it. I feel extra-stupid when talking to anyone who's ever ridden in a car, practically. I especially dislike that lights just have a tendency to burn out, and then need to be replaced! It's bullshit!

Now pretend that someone has invented a device expressly for imbeciles like myself, to tell you as you let the lights burn out just how many are indeed out. I imagine it like a drag-strip tree (pictured) in that it would climb up as you approached five bulbs out, and, when it got to the top, the top light would then blink, perhaps, or squawk. It would sit on the dashboard. Also, one could program it with one's email address, to send a message to your inbox along the lines of: "Hey, dummy. You have five lights out. Suck it up and go get them replaced."

Now, as I say, all that presupposes that someone else would have invented all that stuff already. MY invention, then, would be a specialized spam filter, that would throw that warning email away, sight unseen.

Life has far too many have-to's to have a car telling me what to do! NO WAY!

No comments: