Monday, August 4, 2008

Run, pig, run!



I'm a big, doughy bastard, right, so I need to start running again. About ten years ago I was on a big running kick, but that was TEN YEARS AGO.

I used to get up at 5am and go run for an hour, listening to Manic Street Preachers to make it seem all the more punishing. Then about five years ago, I was on the same path to sloth and would go outside, but it was more of a trot. Age!

So, the Intended and I are getting the bikes in order (which presents another problem, because where we would start our bike rides is right in the purview of the area's highest concentration of envrio-friendly Bike Kids, all of whom are hip-looking [well, Bon Iver-style facial hair; but thin] and I don't want to really be seen on my bike I've had since 1983) and I am posting this here so if anyone out there reading this happens to see me you can sing "You're the One for Me, Fatty" at me to chasten me.

But, yes, running: I can't realistically expect myself to do it until the weather is a bit cooler, knowing myself. I just need to watch this video all day and try to convince myself of the romance of the whole thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwDLpFqyxz8

No comments: